Keto diet has so many other names like ketogenic diet, low carbohydrate diet, low carb High fat diet etc. This diet is getting popular among the people because of the numerous health benefits that it offers and the best one is that it helps to reduce fat. More than 20 studies have been done on the ketogenic diet all over the world and it has been found that this diet is very much helpful against cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer, and epilepsy.
How does it reduce fat?
Due to the intake of high carbs in the diet, the body starts producing insulin and glucose. Apart from any other organic substance, the body can easily convert glucose in form of energy. In that case, the body doesn’t use fat which gets stored in the body leading to weight gain and obesity.
The aim of the keto diet is fewer intakes of carbohydrates in the human body. Less consumption of carbohydrate starts the ketosis process in the human body. In this process, ketones are produced in the liver as a result of burning of fat. The human body uses those ketones in form of energy.
The advantage of keto diet
This diet helps the human body in many ways like weight loss, controlling sugar, enhancing mental focus etc. You can get the benefit easily with help of fewer intakes of carbohydrates and diet rich in fat. There are some benefits mentioned below:-
- Weight loss – an overweight body is the biggest issue faced by so many people in the world. A Ketogenic diet is the best and proved way for weight loss. Keto decreases the amount of insulin in the human body and as a result, body starts burning fat furiously. In comparison to any diet, keto diet has better results for weight loss.
- Sugar control – You eat only that food has low carbohydrate when you are on keto. Carbohydrates have sugar, so it’s natural if you are taking low carbohydrate food, your sugar level will be controlled naturally. Controlled sugar in your body prevents you from diabetes.
- Mental Strength – High sugar level produces stress in the mind and makes you sick. Following the Ketogenic diet controls the body’s sugar level and helps the mind to focus on your work.
- Appetite control – in keto, you are suggested to take food items rich in fat and hence when you have healthy fatty foods, you feel the hunger less often. Thus, your appetite is reduced and you automatically have a control on your eating habits.
- Health Marker –Ketogenic diet improves your blood pressure, sugar level and amount of insulin in your body. The health markers are related to the improvement of height and weight of your body.
What to include in your diet?
People often get confused about what to include in their diet. Some food products that they can consider are seafood, cheese, seeds and nuts like almonds, cashews, pecans, chia seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts etc., berries, olives etc. Also, if you are willing to do keto, it is better to consult the doctor first.